Conscious Touch & Consent
Connect with our bodies, explore our boundaries, learn about consent practices, and experience non-sexual & nourishing conscious touch.
Photo by Djamila Grossman
A guided experience to meet ourself & others
Whether new or experienced, there is a quality to allowing ourself to be guided into our body and into connection.
Let us come together in a safe container where we meet ourself before we meet others. We come into our body, hear its wisdom, and allow it to connect us with others. We move slowly, looking inward, noticing what is present. We feel our boundaries and learn to express them to others; we learn to tune in with the boundaries of others. We practice Conscious Touch, which is not only physical, but holistic, from human being to human being. In this embodied state, we come together as a group in a Touch Ritual where we flow freely and consensually with each other.
Our gateway into conscious spaces
In this experience, we learn the tools that help us navigate conscious and body-centered experiences. There is a vast world of such events and communities, many of which can be overwhelming and difficult to navigate. The slowness and guidance in this experience allows us to lean gently into the way of embodied relating without crossing our boundaries. In this safe container, we can notice our patterns, blocks, and the topics we need to pay attention to. With this understanding, we can consciously decide what we want to explore next and how.
Our bodies tell us everything we need to know. Our sense of safety and trust starts in the physical sensations of our body that we identify as emotions. In our consent practice, we listen to our bodies. Do I feel a pull or hesitation? Does an emotion arise? Is it a Hell Yes, or a Maybe (a.k.a. No)? When asked, we pause and look inward before we answer.
Throughout this experience, we are invited to expand our comfort zone, but not our boundaries. We can say Yes with excitement when it feels right, and stand firmly behind our No when it doesn’t. Our Yes, can turn into a No. And though a No can also turn into a Yes, it is never expected nor hoped for. We take a No for just what it is: a gift, an assurance that this being takes care of themself, so we can relax and focus on caring for ourself.
The many qualities of touch
We often reserve intimate touch for our sexual partners. Here, we allow ourself to unlearn the mental wiring that intimacy needs to escalate. We explore the many other qualities of touch without a goal. We connect with various human beings, regardless of gender, and discover how soothing and healing these interactions can be. We learn to engage in touch humanly, respectfully, and with care. We find beauty in noticing the end of an encounter and disengaging from an interaction before moving to another. We allow our vulnerability to be present, and welcome the challenges as invitations for growth.
Terms of registration
- You must be 18 years of age or more to register to our events.
- Registrations to our events are binding.
- Tickets are transferrable to other eligible participants (If you cannot attend an event from the series you're registered to) as long as the following terms are met:
- new participant agree to the terms of the event and they meet all the requirements of the event (e.g. prior attendance).
- you inform us of the full name and email address of the particpant.
- If you cancel up to one month prior to the event, you can be reimbursed 50% of your contribution minus credit card processing fees.
- If you cancel under one month prior to the event, you can be reimbursed 25% of your contribution minus credit card processing fees.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the event, are not entitled to any reimbursement.
- No shows are not entitled to any reimbursement.
- If the event is cancelled by the organisers, you will be fully reimbursed. Any further claims are excluded.
- For cancellations, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Certain Cloud experiences require previous attendance of one of our events, or to send us a Check-in Message (this is specified on the registration form.) This is so we understand your experience with consent and conscious spaces. Following receiving your message, we will either confirm your attendance or request you join a Conscious Touch & Consent experience first.
- Be punctual. Arrive at the venue early enough to prepare, change and be ready at the start of the event.
- Take responsibility for your safety and health. Do only things that are good for you. When you find things exciting, say Yes. It's ok to go outside your comfort zone as long as it feels right. It's also ok to change your mind, even in the middle of something.
- If a particular activity does not feel right for you, you are welcome to take a mindful observer role. We have a space dedicated for self care where you won't be disturbed. There, you can hold space for others with your presence. If you need further assistance, you can reach out to a host at any time.
- Say No or take a break if you feel overwhelmed. It's ok to not want something. It's ok to be undecided. It's ok to change your mind. No is never a wrong choice.
- Give others the freedom to say No and be thankful when you hear it. This is a sign of mutual trust and respect.
- Respect gender and orientation diversity. If you are unsure how to refer to a person, ask them.
- Feel into your heart and be compassionate towards others' choices.
- Please do not consume mind-altering substances before or during our experiences.
- Come to the experience showered and clean. We will have mints and deodorant available.
The importance of integration
The process in which we revisit, work through and make sense of the insights and content of our experiences is called integration. We believe in making a sustainable change in our life.
An essential step for this is to find time and space to explore those experiences. We can either integrate by ourself by meditation, journaling, or creating art, or with others, our coach, therapist or close friends and loved ones.
For this, we can join the Integration Space: a container where we can share our insights from our experiences. We usually host an Integration Space event every month. Check our next experiences for more details.